DELIVERY 2 - 4 DAYS from order confirmation - STANDARD UK MAINLAND AREAS
How we work: We dont have a full time dispatch dept so it can take us a few days to dispatch your order - Once your order comes in we pick & reserve on the same day, usually within a few hours. We start to box up all orders from the previous 24 hour period first thing in the morning (mon-fri), sometimes running into the afternoon if there are many; your parcel is then booked with a courier to be collected the following morning (again only mon-fri working days). We use a next day delivery service & will email you as soon as your order has been dispatched, so you can expect delivery anytime through the following working day (mon-fri, not inc holidays), but expect delays in adverse weather conditions or close in to Christmas.
A) Standard Charges UK mainland (excluding Highlands etc see below) :
- £1.10 inc vat per kilogram (weight of each product is displayed in product details)
- BUT NB Minimum carriage charge per order : £16.50 inc vat
B) Europe, Rest of World, all UK Islands + Scottish Highlands with the following postcodes:
* IV - all postcodes
* HS - all postcodes
* KW - all postcodes
* KA 27-28
* PA 20-49, PA 60-78
* PH17-26, PH30-44, PH49-50
*ZE - all postcodes
HOW TO GET YOUR 'B' AREA DELIVERY QUOTE: -
please select the appropriate delivery option in the box on the shopping cart page and follow the instructions which are to complete the order but not pay, which will send us an email of your order request.
We will reply as soon as possible with a quote for the full order including delivery to your area and will send payment instructions by email. If the delivery price is unacceptable we would be obliged if you could let us know as the items you have placed on the order will have been automatically reserved for you and we will wish to make them available for sale again. We will contact you if we havent heard a reply within 24 hours or so.HOW TO MAKE YOUR B AREA QUOTE CHEAPER : -
please note that packages exceeding 1.2m or certainly 1.5m in length are extremely expensive to send outwith the standard UK mainland area and especially overseas or to UK islands - so if you dont need boards that long, either choose shorter ones if available or ask us to cut them (free of charge) to shorter lengths. NB the packaging adds about 5cm total to your board length.
GENERAL NOTES :
- Delivery: approx 2 to 4 working days, usually 3 working days after placing order. Public Holidays will delay deliveries by 1 day approx. We use UPS, TNT, City Link, Yodel & Parcelforce - next day service for most shipments.
- Holidays : If delivery time is likely to be longer (during holiday periods) you will be informed before goods are dispatched. Second half of July and Christmas / Hogmanay fortnight are usual holiday periods.
- Package weight : No maximum total consignment weight, but each package will usually be a maximum of approx 30kgs. We can ship individual boards weighing around 40kg but you may need 2 persons to lift a package weighing over 25 kg and it would be considerate to assist the delivery driver if you have a package over 30kgs. We will notify you if this is the case.
- Signatures : Try to ensure someone will be available to sign for all packages - the goods may not be left unsigned for. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee a delivery day so we appreciate this may not be possible. You will be notified of the likely delivery day before the goods are dispatched. Couriers may be prepared to leave the goods at an alternatve address where they can get a signature - we can add any such note to your package if you let us know your instructions. Some couriers insist on a signature so 'leave at back door' may not work.
- Timed/ delayed Delivery : We can usually time goods to be delivered on specific days if requested, and given enough notice although again we cannot guarantee this 100% as it is dependent on the collection, transit and delivery stages all being without unforeseen delays.
- Bad weather : snowy or icy weather typically disrupts the courier service dramatically, especially during exceptionally bad periods. Please allow for this ; you will be kept informed of any delays.
- Packaging : we make up a bespoke DoubleWall cardboard box to fit your chosen items, unless goods are small enough to fit in a standard small box. This is expensive but is the most environmentally attractive packaging option. DW cartons also assist our couriers & therefore help us get the best prices to pass on to you. They also ensure your goods are protected from damage in most cases but in the event of damage to your item, let us know asap, or within 24 hours of delivery. Please recycle or re-use.
- Cost : hardwood is heavy and bulky at the same time which means our product is expensive to ship. Planed wood also needs to be well protected from damage and moisture ingress, further adding to costs. Despite the apparently steep delivery charges we on average only recover the courier and materials only cost of shipping so we appreciate your understanding in this matter.